Auto Key Programming
Transponders are tricky bits of kit which are infamously really expensive to repair at car dealerships. Employing an auto locksmith professional to repair your transponder is truly a much faster and less expensive option. We are able to configure brand-new car keys, remove data from old ones which may have been stolen, and even add brand-new keys to the car’s system if you desire additional keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
We know that you might not be very familiar with the most up-to-date car technological advances. That’s why we try to explains things for you so that you have an idea of the problem you are dealing with.
A transponder key looks like your normal car key EXCEPT that it has a very small state-of-the-art electronic chip inside it which enhances the protection of the vehicle. Every electronic chip in each car key will feature a particular serial number appointed and programmed in it from the time it was produced. The transponder key pairs with the receiver in the ignition of the car in order to function. Whenever you go towards the car and mobilize the transponder key, the receiver matches the serial number and only if it is an exact pairing, will the car unlock automatically.
The Drawback Of A Transponder Key
Being incredibly specialized in auto lock emergency situations, we have to break the news to you that this security element is at times a double-edged sword. Why? Because if any aspect of your transponder key does not function, the ignition won’t fire up, and you are left stranded with your car.
Some Examples Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by other transponders and may unexpectedly cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These types of situations are very aggravating and will need expert help.
– In case you lose or damage your transponder then there is no other option other than to reprogram a brand-new key to sync with your car.
– At times something weird might happen to your car; headlights will blink, the alarm will sound, the driving wheel may lock or perhaps the car won’t start. Generally this is because of a problem with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths possess the expert knowledge and technology required in order to resolve these kinds of issues for you at the side of the road. Many roadside recovery organizations don’t carry this equipment and won’t be able to help you. If something similar to this occurs, it’s smart to consult an auto locksmith first for guidance, before phoning anyone else. If you call our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer care line, we guarantee that a service technician will be with you fast to attend to the problem and have you on your journey as fast as possible. Speed is our forte, so look no more, call us on 0333 772 0769
We offer the below services at extremely competitive rates:
– Replacement of misplaced transponder keys
– Repair work of damaged or faulty transponder keys
– Transponder key duplication options
– Key reprogramming on-board
– Pairing of transponder key electronic chip.
And so, if ever you’re dealing with a transponder issue, don’t put off getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave absolutely no stone unturned in order to find an effective remedy by applying our specialist car key programming practices.