Auto Key Programming
Transponders are challenging bits of equipment which are infamously pricey to mend at car dealerships. Using an auto locksmith to mend your transponder is really a much faster and cheaper option. Our technicians are able to configure brand-new vehicle keys, remove information from old ones which may have been snatched, and add brand-new keys to the vehicle’s system if you desire spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our team realize that you may not be extremely conversant with cutting-edge vehicle technology. That’s why we try to clarify things for you so that you have an idea of the issue you are facing.
A transponder key is like your typical car key EXCEPT that it possesses a very small technical chip within it which heightens the protection of the vehicle. Every chip in each vehicle key will feature a particular serial number appointed and configured in it from the time it was built. The transponder key matches with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle for it to work. When you go towards the vehicle and activate the transponder key, the receiver matches the identification number and only if it is a perfect match, will the vehicle unlock automatically.
The Downside Of A Transponder Key
Being incredibly specialized in auto lock emergency situations, we must tell you that this safety and security device is from time to time a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any aspect of your transponder key doesn’t work, the ignition will not fire up, and you are left stranded with your car.
Types Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can become scrambled by others and may unexpectedly stop working or set off an immobilizer. These types of situations are highly irritating and call for expert help.
– If you lose or damage your transponder then it’ll be necessary to reprogram a brand-new key to work with your car.
– Occasionally something unexplainable may happen to your vehicle; lights will blink, the alarm system will go off, the driving wheel may well lock or even the car will not start. Normally this is because of a problem with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths possess the specialist practical knowledge and technology required to remedy these problems for you wherever you may be stranded. A number of roadside recovery companies do not own these tools and won’t have the capacity to assist you. In the event something such as this happens, it’s wise to consult with an auto locksmith first for help, before telephoning anyone else. If you get in touch with our 24-HOUR emergency customer service line, we ensure that a service technician will be with you fast to look at the problem and have you on your way as quickly as possible. Speed is our specialty, so look no further, get in touch with us on 0333 772 0769
Our company offer the following services at highly competitive prices:
– Replacement of misplaced transponder keys
– Repair of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key duplication methods
– Key programming on-board
– Pairing of transponder key chip.
And so, if you’re encountering a transponder issue, do not hesitate in contacting our professional team. We leave no stone unturned to achieve a suitable resolution using our specialist vehicle key programming practices.