Auto Key Programming
Transponders are tricky bits of kit which are infamously pricey to repair at car dealerships. Employing an auto locksmith professional to repair your transponder is truly a much faster and less expensive option. Our experts are able to program brand-new car keys, delete data from old ones which may have been stolen, and even add brand-new keys to the car’s system if you desire spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
We appreciate that you might not be very familiar with the most up-to-date car technological advances. That’s why we try to explains things for you so that you know the problem you are dealing with.
A transponder key looks like your standard car key EXCEPT that it has a very small high-tech electronic chip inside it which enhances the protection of the vehicle. Every electronic chip in each car key will feature a particular serial number appointed and configured in it from the time it was produced. The transponder key pairs with the receiver in the ignition of the car in order to function. Whenever you go towards the car and mobilize the transponder key, the receiver matches the serial number and only if it is an exact match, will the car unlock automatically.
The Drawback Of A Transponder Key
Being incredibly specialized in auto lock emergency situations, we have to break the news to you that this security element is at times a double-edged sword. Why? Because if any aspect of your transponder key does not function, the ignition won’t fire up, and you are left stranded with your car.
Some Examples Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by other transponders and can unexpectedly cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These kinds of scenarios are hugely aggravating and will need specialist help.
– In case you lose or damage your transponder then there is no other option other than to reprogram a brand-new key to sync with your car.
– At times something bizarre might happen to your car; lights will blink, the alarm system will sound, the driving wheel may lock or perhaps the car won’t start. Generally this is because of a problem with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths possess the expert knowledge and technology required in order to resolve these kinds of issues for you on-site. A large number of roadside recovery organizations don’t carry this equipment thus won’t be able to help you. If something such as this occurs, it’s smart to consult an auto locksmith first for guidance, before phoning anyone else. If you call our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer care line, we guarantee that a service technician will be with you quickly to attend to the matter and have you on your way as fast as possible. Speed is our forte, so look no more, telephone us on 0333 772 0769
We offer the below services at incredibly competitive rates:
– Replacement of misplaced transponder keys
– Repair work of damaged or faulty transponder keys
– Transponder key duplication options
– Key reprogramming on-board
– Pairing of transponder key electronic chip.
Therefore if ever you’re dealing with a transponder issue, don’t put off getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave absolutely no stone unturned in order to find an effective remedy by applying our specialist car key programming practices.